Δευτέρα 16 Ιουνίου 2014

Parnassos Trail 2014 - A fast race!

This is one of my favourite trail races in Greece. It has a good mix of leg torturing uphills, technical trails, a unique scree downhill and beautiful landscapes. The distance (24k) and the elevation (1440m) are such that a fast "all out" run is possible without wrecking the body.

Heading to the start line my view of this race was to give a good effort given the circumstances (this is not a key race for me) and test my legs mostly atthe fast downhill part.
I am happy that after the race I can say that I have improved my personal best by more than 4 minutes on this course. Finishing 4th overall was a good indication that I am doing ok. 6 out of the top 7 runners were 40+ years old. Including myself. And this race had a quality field for men. This is a bit alarming for the dedication to the sport by younger runners. Even in the top 10 I think there were 8 runner in the 40+ category.
The organization of the race is top notch and the marking is excellent. Anyone enjoying trail running in Greece should keep this race in their calendar.
Had a really good time with my friend Nikos Petropoulos, and enjoyed the post race meal and drinks!
Post race I can say that legs feel fine, and I have no pain or problems. Getting ready for the real big thing in my life, which is my wedding next weekend to Elpida Kourtzi.
Good times!

Equipment used:

  • Shoes: The North Face Ultra Guide
  • Race belt: Ultra Aspire MBS
  • Race Bottle: Ultra Aspire Human 8
  • Tracker: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact + Endomondo



3 σχόλια: